Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: November 1, 2020
Welcome to Affirm The Word!
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS, AND THAT YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH AND BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE TERMS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
- ABOUT THE TERMS
- ABOUT THE WEBSITE
- PAYMENT TERMS
- USER CONDUCT GUIDELINES
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
- THIRD PARTY TERMS
- WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION
- GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
1. ABOUT THE TERMS
1.1 Key Terms
“Services” refers to the e-commerce retail services provided by Affirm The Word and its service providers, and any and all related services and promotions.
- “Users” means any and all persons that access or use the Website. References to “access” and/or “use” of the Website (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the Website, and accessing or using the Services.
- “Website” refers to any website owned or operated by Affirm The Word (including the website currently located at www.affirmtheword.org), through which access to the Services is available. References to the “Website” include any and all features, functionality, tools and content available on or through each such website.
- “Affirm The Word,” “we,” or “us” refers to our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents.
1.2 Website Rules and Supplemental Terms
YOUR OBLIGATION TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS;
- LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU; AND
- A REQUIREMENT THAT YOU PURSUE CLAIMS OR SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN AS A PARTICIPANT IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE IS CONDITIONED ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE TERMS.
1.3 Amendment of Terms
Affirm The Word reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend the Terms, at any time and without prior notice, including to change, modify, add to, update or remove terms and conditions (collectively “amend” or “update”). If we choose to amend the Terms, we will update the Effective Date at the top of the Terms and post the updated version. We may also, at our option, choose to notify you by e-mail or another means. By continuing to use the Website after we have posted an updated version of the Terms or otherwise notified you of an update, you are affirming that you agree to be bound by the amended Terms. This provision is subject to a few limitations in the “Dispute Resolution” section below. If the amended Terms are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to stop using the Website.
No other modification, amendment, supplement of or to the Terms will be binding on Affirm The Word unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Affirm The Word.
1.4 Consequences of Non-Compliance
Your failure to comply with the Terms may result in the suspension or termination of your account and/or access to the Website, and may subject you to civil and criminal penalties.
2. ABOUT THE WEBSITE
2.1 License to Use
Subject to your compliance with the Terms, Affirm The Word grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Website for your own personal use only, and not for use for any business purpose or commercial activity. This license is granted for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Website as provided by Affirm The Word, in the manner permitted by the Terms.
2.2 Modifications and Updates to the Website and Services
Affirm The Word reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or discontinue offering the Website and/or Services, in whole or in part, or any features, functionality, tools or content thereof, at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice to you. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Website may contain errors or inaccuracies including, with limitation, with respect to pricing and availability. Affirm The Word reserves the right, but is not obligated, to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions at any time, and may change or update information at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse to accept any order placed based on incorrect pricing or availability information.
You agree that Affirm The Word has no obligation to provide any updates or to continue to provide or enable any particular features, functionality, tools or content, and will not be liable with respect to any such modifications, discontinuance or deletions.
2.3 International Users
The Website is controlled and operated within the United States. You are hereby prohibited from accessing or using the Website from any territory where the Website or any of the features, functionality, tools, content thereof, is illegal. If you choose to access the Website from a location outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and you are solely responsible for compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, including export laws and any regulations and local laws regarding online conduct and content.
3.1 Account Registration
While the Website is publicly available, you may register to create an account directly via the Website. You may not register for an account on behalf of any person (other than yourself). No person or entity may have more than one active account at any given time.
Your account will be created based upon the information you provide to us. You agree to provide complete, accurate and up-to-date information during the registration process and to update such information as necessary to ensure that it remains complete, accurate and up-to-date.
When you create your account, you will be asked to create a username and password, which you will be solely responsible for safeguarding. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your Affirm The Word account. You agree not to disclose your username or password to any third party, and you agree to immediately notify Affirm The Word of any unauthorized use of your account. You further acknowledge and agree that you will be solely responsible for any activities or actions on or through your account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. Affirm The Word cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
3.2 Account Suspension and Cancellation
You may cancel your account at any time.
We may, in our discretion, without liability to you and without limiting our other remedies, with or without prior notice and at any time, decide to limit, suspend, deactivate or cancel your account and take technical and legal steps to prevent you from using our Website and Services at any time for any reason.
Affirm The Word reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account or your access to the Website if you create more than one account, or if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter is determined to be incomplete, inaccurate, outdated, deceptive or fraudulent.
We reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a prolonged period of time. We also reserve the right to cancel accounts of Users who fail to comply with the Terms, including the terms and conditions regarding User conduct, as set forth in the “User Conduct Guidelines” section below and elsewhere in the Terms.
If Affirm The Word has suspended your account due to your actual or suspected breach of the Terms, such suspension will continue until the suspected breach is cured or otherwise resolved to Affirm The Word’s reasonable satisfaction.
4. PAYMENT TERMS
You acknowledge that the amount billed may vary due to promotional offers or changes in applicable taxes or other charges, and you authorize us (or our third party-payment processor) to charge your payment method for the corresponding amount. We reserve the right to adjust product prices as we may determine in our sole discretion, at any time and without notice.
4.2 Payment/ Credit Cards
All of the products sold through the Website are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to impose quantity limits on any order, to reject all or part of an order, to discontinue offering certain products and to substitute products without prior notice. Unless Affirm The Word agrees or states otherwise in writing, all fees and charges are nonrefundable, and no orders are complete until payment is received in full.
4.4 Shipping; Deliveries
You agree to pay any shipping and handling charges shown at the time you make a purchase. When you purchase a product through our Website, any shipping times shown are estimates only. Actual delivery dates may vary. All products should be shipped to you personally and are not for resale or export.
4.5 Returns; Exchanges
All returns and/or exchanges must be made in accordance with Affirm The Word’s Exchange/Return Policy.
5. USER CONDUCT GUIDELINES
Any time you access or use the Website, you are required to comply with our User conduct guidelines, as set forth below. You agree that you will access and use the Website and Services for your personal use only.
You are not authorized to access or use the Website:
to impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent your identity, credentials, affiliations or intentions;
- to collect, store or use any information from or about another User;
- to “stalk” or harass any other User;
- to distribute unsolicited commercial or bulk electronic communications (or, “spam”), chain letters or “pyramid” schemes;
- for political campaigning, recruiting votes or soliciting donations or other support for legislative or other initiatives;
- to systematically retrieve information or content to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise;
- if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under 18);
- if you are a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction; or
- for any other purposes that are not expressly permitted by the Terms.
Further, you may not:
- access, copy, distribute, share, publish, use or store, or prepare derivative works from any Website content that belongs to Affirm The Word, another User or to a third party, including works covered by any copyrights, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right, except with prior express permission of the person or entity party holding the rights to license such use;
- circumvent our systems, policies, determinations as to your account status, including by attempting to access or use the Website if your account has been suspended or cancelled or you have otherwise been temporarily or permanently prohibited or blocked from using the Website;
- access, search, collect information from, or otherwise interact with the Website by “scraping,” “crawling” or “spidering” the Website, by the use of any software, device, script or robot, or by any other means (automated or otherwise) other than through the currently available, published interfaces that are provided by Affirm The Word, unless you have been specifically authorized to do so in a separate agreement with Affirm The Word;
- use, display, mirror or frame the Website, or any feature, functionality, tool or content of the Website, Affirm The Word’s name, any Affirm The Word trademark, logo or other proprietary information, without Affirm The Word’s express written consent;
- interfere with, disrupt, damage or compromise the Website or our systems or the access of any User, host or network in any way, including through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, backdoors, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology or by overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Website or otherwise imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website;
- access, tamper with or use non-public areas of any of the Website, Affirm The Word’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Affirm The Word’s providers;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network of Affirm The Word or its providers, or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures of such system or network;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Affirm The Word or any of Affirm The Word’s providers or any other third party to protect the Website;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting, or in any way use the Website to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the code or software used to provide the Website;
- export or re-export the Website, except in compliance with the export control laws and regulations of any relevant jurisdictions;
- otherwise abuse the Website or breach the Terms; or
- attempt to do any of the foregoing, or advocate, encourage or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
6.1 The Website
The Website and Services, including Website, and all features, functionality, tools and content thereof, is protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You acknowledge and agree that the Website and Services, and all intellectual property rights therein are the exclusive property of Affirm The Word and its licensors. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent marking, or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Website or Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that the trade names, logos, and other trademarks and service marks associated with Affirm The Word are the property of Affirm The Word, and that you are not permitted to use the Affirm The Word Marks without our prior written consent.
You may not use, copy, reproduce, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publish, post, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, or otherwise exploit any features, functionality, tools or content of the Website or Services in any form or by any means, or sublicense the rights granted in the Terms, except as expressly permitted herein, without the prior written permission of Affirm The Word or the intellectual property owner, as applicable.
This foregoing license is subject to modification or revocation at any time at Affirm The Word’s sole discretion.
No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Affirm The Word or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in the Terms. All rights not expressly granted to you by the Terms are hereby reserved.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments, ideas and suggestions for improvements, enhancements and modifications to the Services, Website and products available thereon (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback by e-mailing us, at . You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback you give us (i) will be treated as non-confidential, and (ii) will be the sole and exclusive property of Affirm The Word. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge that your Feedback may be disseminated or used by Affirm The Word or its affiliates for any purpose whatsoever, including developing, improving and marketing products. You hereby irrevocably transfer and assign to Affirm The Word all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including all worldwide patent, copyright, trade secret, moral and other proprietary or intellectual property rights therein, and waive any moral rights you may have in such Feedback.
You agree to sign and deliver such documents, and otherwise provide such assistance, as may reasonably be required from time to time to perfect Affirm The Word’s rights in such improvements, enhancements and modifications.
7. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may also provide links to third-party websites, resources or services. You acknowledge and agree that Affirm The Word is not responsible or liable for (i) the availability, terms or practices of such websites, resources or services, or (ii) the content, products or services available on or through such websites, resources or services, including that any information provided is complete, accurate or up-to-date. Links to such websites, resources or services do not imply any endorsement by Affirm The Word of such websites, resources or services or the content, products or services available on or through such websites, resources or services. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites, resources or services or the content, products or services available on or through such websites or services.
We will not be responsible or liable for any damage or harm resulting from your interactions with such websites or services, or the content, products or services available on or through such websites or services.
8. WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION
8.1 Warranties by Users
You represent and warrant to Affirm The Word that:
you have the power and authority to accept and agree to the Terms;
- you own or control all of the rights necessary to grant the rights and licenses granted herein;
- you will not violate any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations or infringe the rights of any third party, including, any intellectual property, privacy or publicity-related rights, in connection with your access to or use of the Website and Services;
- the exercise by Affirm The Word of the rights granted by you hereunder will not cause Affirm The Word to violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, to infringe the rights of any third party; and
- all account information provided by you will be complete, accurate and up-to-date when provided, and updated as necessary to ensure that it remains complete, accurate and up-to-date.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AFFIRM THE WORD EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR TITLE OR RIGHTFUL CLAIM, WARRANTIES AS TO THE RELIABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, OR THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, WARRANTIES AS TO THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR TIMELINESS OF ANY WEBSITE CONTENT.
8.3 Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW:
- THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AND REMAINS WITH YOU.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AFFIRM THE WORD DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO (I) YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT BY ACCESSING AND USING THE WEBSITE, SUBMITTING AND TRANSMITTING YOUR FEEDBACK, ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU AND HEREBY RELEASE AFFIRM THE WORD AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING.
IN NO EVENT WILL AFFIRM THE WORD BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT AFFIRM THE WORD HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSIVE OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES AS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION, SO THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. IN THE EVENT THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, AFFIRM THE WORD’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (US$100).
8.4 Basis of the Bargain
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE ARE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN AFFIRM THE WORD AND YOU, AND WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY EVEN IF YOUR REMEDIES ARE FOUND OR ALLEGED TO HAVE FAILED OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
NOTHING IN THE TERMS FURTHER IS INTENDED TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT ANY CONDITION, WARRANTY, RIGHT OR LIABILITY WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE FROM DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION THAT ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU, AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW.
To the maximum extent not prohibited by applicable law, you agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold Affirm The Word its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and representatives, harmless (collectively “indemnify” or any variation thereof) from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including, any bodily injury, illness, death or damage to any real or personal property, or any other injuries, losses, or damages (whether compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind, and including reasonable legal fees and litigation expenses and costs, arising out of or relating to or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Website, including any and all features, functionality, tools, content and promotions available on and through the Website, (ii) your breach of the Terms, including any violation of national, federal, state or local or other applicable laws, rules or regulations or any infringement or misappropriation of the rights of any third party, and (iii) your gross negligence or willful misconduct.
8.7 Obligation to Defend.
You agree that, at Affirm The Word’s option, you will conduct the defense of any such claim or action; provided that, notwithstanding our election that you conduct the defense, (i) Affirm The Word may nevertheless participate in such defense or settlement negotiations and pay its own costs associated therewith, and (ii) you will not enter into any settlement or other compromise without the prior written approval of Affirm The Word (which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld), unless such settlement or other compromise includes a full and unconditional release of the relevant parties from all liabilities and other obligations in respect of such claim or action.
8.8 No Implied Indemnity.
No person or entity shall be entitled to any form of equitable or implied indemnification at any time, except as provided by the Terms.
9. GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS AND WILL HAVE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPACT ON HOW CLAIMS YOU AND Affirm The Word HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED.
9.1 Governing Law
The Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to conflict of law principles.
Notwithstanding any contrary provision of these Terms, all disputes, claims, controversies and matters relating to or in connection with these Terms (or the breach thereof) or any transactions hereunder shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules (“AAA Rules”), and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitration shall take place in New York, New York before a single neutral arbitrator appointed in accordance with the AAA Rules and shall be conducted in the English language. All arbitrations shall be conducted and resolved on an individual basis and not a class-wide, multiple plaintiff or similar basis. No arbitration shall be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding involving any other person or entity.
9.3 Jurisdiction and Venue
Subject to the above arbitration provisions, you and Affirm The Word agree that any and all disputes, claims and actions, at law or in equity, arising out of or relating to or in connection with the Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, or to the use of the Website (collectively, “Disputes”) in the federal or state courts located in New York, New York and each of us agrees that such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any such actions, except that Affirm The Word retains the right to submit a Dispute to any court of competent jurisdiction. Affirm The Word also may seek injunctive or other equitable relief for breach of these Terms in any court of competent jurisdiction wherever located. You consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. The prevailing party in any suit, action or proceeding, including any arbitration proceeding, will be entitled to recover its reasonable legal fees and costs and expenses from the other party.
9.4 Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief
YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST Affirm The Word ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. FURTHER, UNLESS BOTH YOU AND Affirm The Word OTHERWISE AGREE IN WRITING, THE COURT MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING.
9.5 Future Amendments to this Section
Both of us agree that if we make any amendment to this Dispute Resolution section (other than an amendment to any notice address or site link provided herein) in the future, that amendment will not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against us prior to the effective date of the amendment. However, the amendment will apply to all other disputes or claims governed by this section that have arisen or may arise between you and Affirm The Word. We will notify you of amendments to this section by posting the amended Terms on www.affirmtheword.org. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you may close your account within 30 days and you will not be bound by the amended dispute resolution terms. If you do not have an account (or once you have closed your account, if applicable), you must cease using the Website immediately. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and Affirm The Word in accordance with the provisions of this “Dispute Resolution” section as of the date you first accepted the Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to the Terms).
10.2 Entire Agreement
You may not assign, transfer, delegate or sublicense any of your rights or obligations under the Terms, including by operation of law or merger or consolidation, without our express prior written consent, which may be granted or withheld in our sole discretion. Any attempted assignment, transfer, delegation or sublicense without the foregoing consent will be null and void. Affirm The Word may assign, transfer, delegate and/or sublicense our rights and obligations under the Terms, in whole or in part, in its sole discretion, without restriction.
Subject to the foregoing, the Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and assigns.
10.4 No Agency
Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein, no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by the Terms.
10.5 Survival of Terms
Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to the Terms, will be in writing and given by Affirm The Word (i) via e-mail (in each case to the address that you provide), or (ii) by posting to the Website. For notices made by e-mail, the date on which such notice is transmitted will be deemed the date of receipt.
10.7 Waiver; Severability
Except as expressly set forth in the Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under the Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies available under contract, at law, in equity or otherwise.
The headings in the Terms are for reference purposes only and do not limit or otherwise affect the meaning or interpretation of any of the provisions hereof.
10.10 Third-Party Beneficiaries
Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein, the Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties hereto.
10.11 Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Affirm The Word at email@example.com.
You can also write to us at:
Affirm The Word
1000 Front Street, Suite 6751
Uniondale, NY 11553
10.12 California Residents
Pursuant to California Civil Code §1789.3, California residents are also entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice:
Complaints regarding the Website or Services or requests to receive further information regarding use of the Website or Services may be sent to the above address or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Boulevard, Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (916) 445-1245 or (800) 952-5210. Hearing impaired persons may call TDD (800)-326-2297 or TDD (916)-928-1227, see www.dca.ca.gov for additional information.
Copyright ©2020 Affirm The Word. All rights reserved.
Credit / Debit Cards